In terms of cleaning frequency, most manufacturers recommend professional office furniture cleaning every 12 to 24 months. However this will vary according to factors such as the amount and type of furniture, whether food or other substances are used in the area, the color of the upholstery (lighter-colored fabrics are more susceptible to showing dirt and grime), and exposure to outdoor pollutants which come through open doors and windows, and also from people and their clothing. Overall furniture care and regular upholstery cleanings helps prolong the life of your furniture, and benefits the health of your staff (ie reduces exposure dust and allergic pathogens).
Before you start, keep in mind that in all cases there are a couple of things you always want to do:
– Check your Office furniture for tags that may have cleaning instructions on them.
– Clean stains right away! The longer you wait, the harder they are going to be to remove.
– With any cleaning method, make sure to pre-test a small, inconspicuous area before moving on to the rest of your piece of furniture.
– Always follow instructions whether on your furniture or on the products you are using.
– Use cleaning products in a well-ventilated area.
This cleaning method is commonly used on 100% polyester products with acrylic or latex backing.
– Run a vacuum over your furniture to remove any remaining debris.
– Create your cleaning solution by mixing a few drops of a mild soap (dish soap is always a good choice) with water.
– Test the solution on an inconspicuous area to make sure it doesn’t change the color or texture of your furniture.
– Gently blot the stains with a cloth dampened with the solution. Do not pour the cleaning solution directly onto your furniture! Continually turn the cloth so you are always using a clean part of it, rather than making things worse. You may need to repeat this process several times to get out the stain.
Leather Office Chairs
Before cleaning your leather you always want to check on which type you have. Check the tags on your sydney office furniture and the written information from the manufacturer which may also provide cleaning directions. Here are some ways to keep your leather looking like new:
– Vacuum your furniture on a frequent basis. You only want to use a soft brush attachment so you don’t scratch your leather, and make sure the suction isn’t too strong to do any damage.
–Wipe down your leather once a week with a clean cloth. Choose a cloth that won’t leave any dye or lint. Be sure to wipe, not scrub.
–If your leather needs a deeper clean, mix a few drops of liquid soap with about a quart of distilled water. Dampen a lint-free rag with the solution and wipe (again don’t scrub) the surface of your furniture. Use a clean, damp rag to get rid of any soap or residue and then dry.
Mesh chairs are great in an Office Furniture because the mesh chair allows airflow on your back which can help you stay cool. The mesh office chairs will need an occasional cleaning:
– Vacuum any dirt off of your chair.
– Remove any remaining dirt with warm soap and water.
– If stains persist, gently dab the area with a spot cleaner. Do not rub or scrub your furniture… that could cause the mesh to fray.
Plastic Polypropylene Chairs
These can handle wear and tear well, and are easy to clean. These are best cleaned using a solution of mild detergent and water:
– Be sure not to use any abrasive or highly alkaline cleaners.
– To clean, use a soft rag or brush and make sure you don’t trap any dirt between your rag and furniture, because this could cause scratching. Also, avoid using scouring pads or any similar product, as they will also scratch your furniture.
– When you are done cleaning with the detergent mixture, make sure to rinse off your furniture to remove any remaining dirt or soap.